Saturday, March 5, 2011

Playing Dress Up

When I was a kid I remember really wanting a Barbie cake...the one where Barbie is sticking out of the cake which is her skirt.  My Grandmother used to make them and I always thought they were so cool.  I still think they are cool and was so excited when I got the call to make one.  And then she asked for the dress to be in teal...which is one of my favorite colors!

Because I think teal is a little bit more sophisticated, I went a little more stylish than princess-y for the dress.  I chose a Barbie with a sassy up-do and the bonus of a pretty purse and necklace.

























The only part of this that was maybe less enjoyable was I ended up with the song "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred stuck in my head, then making up my own verses.  Hopefully that will be done, though I have another Barbie cake order for next week.  I may end up with an entire new song....and yes, I am a little frightened by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment