Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SNOW DAY!

At least it was for my husband, being unemployed at the moment, every day is a snow day for me.  Eastern Iowa got dumped on!  And with typically epic timing...the snowblower decided it did not want to help today.  Urg.

So my husband and I went out and started making a dent in the drifted snow in the driveway.  I was dreading the end of the driveway...glad the street got plowed, but that stuff is always rough to get through.  Thankfully we are blessed with an awesome neighbor with a big (and working) snowblower.  He had helped the neighbor across the street, then came over and helped us.  And therefore it was an absolute necessity that I make chocolate chip cookies.  What good neighbor with a baking addiction wouldn't? 

Later we were watching Food Network and my husband asked me if I had considered making my own bread.  Heck yeah!  But it was farther down on my list.  But now he had fresh baked bread on the brain...so I handed him some of my cookbooks.  He's a great cook, so now he could bake as well.  Very well!  He made a round cheese bread, and it was so good!

And because I'm nice, here's the recipe for you:

1 1/2 cups Bisquik
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dried Oregano
1/2 cup milk
1 beaten egg
2 tbls melted butter

Mix all ingredients except the melted butter together into a thick batter.  Spoon into a greased 9in round pan.  Drizzle the butter over the top, then sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese.

Oven should be pre-heated to 400 degrees.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.





















Tomorrow I'll tell you about what I have in the oven now, and the good cause I'm donating it to. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I think it would be good stuffed with deli meat and cheese etc. Maybe a good Superbowl meal!

    ReplyDelete