Thursday, February 3, 2011

So much cake...so little counter space...

I said yesterday I would tell you about what I had in the oven...

Graham cracker cake! 

I'm going to make a s'more inspired cake for the Boy Scout Troop 5200 Pancake Breakfast.  Can't think of Boy Scouts without thinking of camping, and can't think of camping without thinking of s'mores.

Today I torted the graham cracker cake (which means to cut it in 1/2 the long way so you can layer it), then made chocolate ganache.  The marshmallow will be homemade marshmallow fondant, and then of course, I'll cute it up a bit.  This cake I'm discussing was attempt 2.  Attempt 1, which was far to crumbly, will become cake balls. 

I love the concept of cake balls.  You don't have to waste anything and it's a bonus for everyone.  They are easy and so delicious. 

Now that doesn't sound so bad counterspace-wise, until I add that I started making another cake today for a friend's boyfriend's birthday.  He is a Packer Backer, so it's Green Bay inspired. 

My husband, who is a long-time Minnesota Vikings fan, was horrified!  I did mention this was a paying customer.  So now I'm also a sell out.  He was laughing the whole time he was teasing me about it, then proceeded to actually come up with the design idea.  Love that my hubby is supporting me on this.  He's got good ideas.  He, however, has not agreed to clean up after me.  I'll have to  work on that....

If you are interested in supporting a great cause here is the information about the Boy Scout Pancake Breakfast fundraiser:

Sunday, February 6 · 8:00am - 1:00pm
Christ Church Presbyterian
2000 1st Ave NW Cedar Rapids, IA 52405

Pancake breakfast, silent auction and bake sale.
Serving pancakes, sausage, eggs, fruit, juice, milk and coffee.
$5.00 adults, $4.00 kids 10 and under.

No comments:

Post a Comment